Tennessee’s most distinguished suburb boasts beautiful homes, competent governance, and some of the best schools in the Volunteer state – the latter being one of the biggest reasons why families choose to live here.
Brentwood’s learning institutions fall under Williamson County Schools, a K-12 school district with over 23 elementary schools, eight middle schools, nine high schools, and a K-8 school. Three new schools that are being constructed in Nolensville will soon join the list.
A good number of these schools are recognized by the Department of Education as National Blue Ribbon Schools – a distinction reserved for the country’s most exemplary educational institutions.
Students develop a strong educational foundation during their formative years in Brentwood, thanks to the neighborhood’s prestigious elementary schools.
- Kenrose Elementary School received the National Blue Ribbon Award in 2014. It was also recognized as one of several Rewards Schools by the state of Tennessee from 2012 to 2014 for performance and progress.
- Edmondson Elementary School received the Superior Award of Excellence in Academic Achievement for having the highest academic growth scores in the school year 2011-2012.
- Trinity Elementary School was named a National Blue Ribbon School in 2014. It was recognized as a Rewards School for performance in 2012.
- Lipscomb Elementary, a Green Ribbon School, received the Governor’s Environmental Stewardship Award in the Excellence in Environmental Education and Outreach by Schools category in 2013.
- Scales Elementary School and Crockett Elementary School both have a 10 out of 10 rating from GreatSchools.org.
The neighborhood’s middle schools have an untarnished reputation for excellence. Brentwood Middle School is one of the most celebrated schools, not just in the state, but in the whole country.
- Brentwood Middle School was named a National Blue Ribbon School in 2006. It received the 2013 Tennessee Reward School for Academic Achievement and Growth and the 2015 Tennessee Reward School for Academic Achievement. TheBestSchools.org also included it in The 50 Best Middle Schools in the U.S.
- Grassland Middle School received the Blue Ribbon School Award in 2004.
- Woodland Middle School was recognized as a Department of Education Reward School for Academic Achievement from 2013 to 2015.
Local high schools have solid academic curricula and impressive athletic programs. Brentwood High School’s sports teams have won recent state championships, while Ravenwood High School students have access to sleek, newly-constructed facilities.
- Brentwood High School received a Gold award from U.S. News in 2013. It was recognized as one of the country’s top 500 high schools and one of the state’s top 20 in the same year.
- Ravenwood High School received a Gold award from U.S. News and was listed among the country’s top 500 high schools in 2013. It also received the Superior Award of Excellence in Academic Achievement for high schools in the school year 2011-2012.
The neighborhood’s schools encourage a healthy balance of academic excellence, extracurricular activities, community involvement, and environmental awareness. They believe in lifelong learning and ensure college preparedness.
Education is often a major concern when it comes to relocation, but not if you decide to live in Brentwood. Your children can look forward to a fun and challenging environment that helps them reach their full potential and build lasting friendships.
If you want to make Brentwood your next home, you may call (615) 642-6677 or send an email to [email protected]